Le Bonhomme à lunettes (Philippe Rochette opticien) is an optician on a mission to make glasses affordable for all. We offer inexpensive glasses without sacrificing on the quality. We make that happen with a unique business model: we ignore prestigious brands, make very few marketing campaigns and have service points instead of branches. This is how we manage to make you save on such an essential purchase.
We are delighted to bring you our very first exclusive collection. With 3 brands, 50 models and wide range of colours, it is now easier than ever to find the frames for YOU. The recognition of your success by your peers and your social respectability are so important to us, we are making them OUR priority.
From our studios in Milan and Paris, This organic co-creation was made with only one word in mind: prestige. Bullshit is a luxury brand where every piece of plastic just oozes with good taste. Dedicated to refined, authentic people, Bullshit will get you the looks, while still being able to pretend you don’t like all the attention. Ideal for those who are hostile to mediocrity.
Born in the basement of a fair-trade, vegan café in Brooklyn, each Whatever is handmade by a robot in one of the three factories that produces 90% of the world’s glasses. Whatever was created for altruists who truly value friendship. They are creative people with good values who don’t get hung up on details. Add a touch of nonchalance to your weekend look.
Ma Grand-Mère is a proud Montrealer. From the optician putting it on your nose to the port employee unloading the box from China, Ma Grand-Mère has deep roots in the city. Those who wear Ma Grand-Mère usually have a strong personality, are tenacious, with a repartee that is both efficient and unoriginal. Their experience expresses the passing of time.
THE VERY «BEST» OF WEB-BASED, NO-BUDGET ADS
Primées dans tous les festivals internationaux (dans notre tête), ces publicités de calibre mondial font l’envie des agences de pubs de Paris à New York en passant par Cap-Rouge
- Philippe Rochette meets Philippe Cantin in a radio interview on 98.5FM
- In Le Devoir, Philippe talks about our 15th anniversary and more
- A cool article about us in the webzine Pivot
- When Philippe makes the front page of The Montreal Gazette
- We welcomed Global Montreal after reaching the 1 million dollar milestone in donations to community organizations.
- Philippe was a guest on Aaron Rand et Natasha Hall on CJAD
- A mention of our 1 million milestone in Univers PME de La Presse
Noovo stopped by Carrefour populaire Saint-Michel to interview Philippe and Gino
- Philippe does an English interview for Broadview magazine
- An interview with Marie-Eve Fournier from La Presse. Because glasses shouldn't cost as much as an iPhone.
- Philippe meets Catherine Perrin on Du côté de chez Catherine on Ici Première
- An article in Journal Métro to talk about our new service points in Rivière-des-Prairies, Saint-Laurent and Saint-Michel.
- Some of our competitors keep saying to anybody who wants to listen that we don’t sell quality glasses. Yet, they are unable to explain why we were recommended by Protégez-vous in their 2019 survey. (see the correction here)
- Do you really need it? When it comes to glasses, the answer is yes Philippe Rochette meets Pierre-Yves McSween for l’Indice McSween on Télé-Québec.