ABOUT A ONE-OF-A-KIND OPTICIAN
Le Bonhomme à lunettes (Philippe Rochette opticien) is the mastermind behind a business model that has inspired many in Quebec and elsewhere: community eyewear store. What is a community eyewear store? It's a business model where an optician, or a group of opticians, put accessibility at the heart of their work. On the one hand, they keep operating costs as low as possible, and on the other, they actively collaborate with community organizations to promote accessibility, a partnership that also serves as a fundraising tool (over a million dollars has been raised so far).
This is the reason why Bonhomme à lunettes has never raised its base prices since 2007.We've enabled hundreds of thousands of customers to save on an essential purchase.
- Le Droit parle de nous et de nos nouveaux points de service à Gatineau
- Philippe was on 104.7 Outaouais to discuss our new service points in Gatineau
- Journalist Mathilde Roy stopped by Débout les comiques on CKOI 96.9 to talk about the results of a customer survey by Protégez-Vous du magazine concernant les endroits préférés pour l’achat de lunettes
- In Verdict Santé by Protégez-Vous, a new magazine focusing on health, a huge survey about regarding Quebeckers' favourite places to buy classes
- Are you paying too much for your glasses ? Philippe was a guest at l'Effet Normandeau on 98.5
- Seeing beyond profits. That's the title of the report from À vois affaires with Pierre-Luc Zappa broadcasted on LCN, QUB and TVA
- Philippe Rochette meets Philippe Cantin in a radio interview on 98.5FM
- In Le Devoir, Philippe talks about our 15th anniversary and more
- A cool article about us in the webzine Pivot
- Bonhomme à lunettes at l’Assemblée nationale du Québec
- When Philippe makes the front page of The Montreal Gazette
- We welcomed Global Montreal after reaching the 1 million dollar milestone in donations to community organizations.
- Philippe was a guest on Aaron Rand et Natasha Hall on CJAD
- A mention of our 1 million milestone in Univers PME de La Presse
Noovo stopped by Carrefour populaire Saint-Michel to interview Philippe and Gino
- Philippe does an English interview for Broadview magazine
- Some people keep saying to anybody who wants to listen that we don’t sell quality glasses. Yet, they are unable to explain why we were recommended by Protégez-vous in their 2019 survey. (see the correction here)
- Do you really need it? When it comes to glasses, the answer is yes Philippe Rochette meets Pierre-Yves McSween for l’Indice McSween on Télé-Québec.